My photo
Nadine. Studying Anthropology & Human Rights. Reflections about Life, Faith, Love, Style. Not very eloquent, this is my stream of consciousness. Oh yeah, I want to travel the world.

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Lifestyle Change

Well, Hello to whoever is out there reading this right now.

So in about 3 days, I will be finishing up my undergrad degree in Anthropology at SJSU, and it is such a daunting thought that my life of going to school, and having this routine that I have followed for the past 20 years of my life is done.


I moved back home with my parents last week for a number of reasons


  • MONEY
    • Obviously I can't afford living on my own in the Bay Area on a nanny's 2-day/8 hour a week salary. 

  • Travel 
    • I have a handful of travel things coming up in the next 6 months.  In July, I am chaperoning and participating in mission by building a house in Mexico! (Did it four years ago with a bunch of college-aged friends).  Then in October-November, I am going to Cambodia with a group of anti-trafficking advocates and look into organizations that have helped rehabilitate women who have been a part of that vicious crime.  Following that, I am going to the Philippines with my parents to visit family and celebrate their 25 years of marriage and my 23rd birthday! Obviously, since I'll be gone for a handful of months, paying rent for this time is just not worth it.. (back to point 1)  
  • Direction
    • I have no idea what I want to do with my life after getting this degree.  I do have high hopes to apply for a grad program in San Francisco, but do I REALLY want it? I don't know. It's a good time to discern my direction while living at home. No pressure (maybe). 

So with these new transitions,  and this time that I have dedicated to my studies, I have had low self-esteem about my physical appearance.  Thankfully I have a boyfriend who compliments me on a daily basis about my appearance, but to me I want to be 100% confident in the skin I'm in.  I was negligent about the food that I ate,  and no exercise at all.  I gained about 15 lbs since the time I moved out of my parents house (which is typical, I know), and as a person who loves to dress up, and take care of my physical appearance through make-up and fashion, I think it's time to take care of me all in all.  

SO, I decided to invest in a lifetime membership at ToneItUp membership to hold myself accountable because I invested this money into something, so I can better my self-esteem and better my lifestyle.  

We'll see how this goes. 

Bye for now,
Nadine 

No comments:

Post a Comment