My photo
Nadine. Studying Anthropology & Human Rights. Reflections about Life, Faith, Love, Style. Not very eloquent, this is my stream of consciousness. Oh yeah, I want to travel the world.

Friday, April 12, 2013

My Everyday Makeup Routine

A few years ago, I had my routine up on YouTube. Now, my products have changed, and they probably will again, but I finally found products that work so well with my skin!


Foundation: On special days, I use Revlon's "Nearly Naked" Foundation, which I think is meant to be a rip off of Urban Decay's Naked line, it has really light coverage, but I don't need that much since overall, I feel that my skin can support itself.

Everyday, I go for Loreal's Magic BB Cream.  I honestly don't know what BB creams are meant to do, but this product is just like a tinted moisturizer, and evens my skin tone. 

After I apply my concealer, I set my Foundation/BB Cream with the Matte Bare Essentials Powder foundation in medium beige.  My mom introduced me to this brand and I have stuck with it since. 

Concealer: I go back and forth between the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, but since I have some hyper-pigmentation problems from a few zits in the past months, I needed something with a little more coverage, so I switched over to the Loreal True Match Crayon Corrector. I love it, since it is exactly my skin tone. I usually get my dark spots, under my eyes, the sides of my nose and some imperfections and blend it in. 

Highlighter: I just got the Benefit High Beam highlighter, and it is beautiful! Gives that extra boost in my skin.  Before I shattered my Naked Flushed Palette ( Bronzer/ Blush/ Highlight Trio) I used the highlighter in the palette, it is great too, but too soft. 

Blush: I also go back and forth with the Urban Decay's Flushed Palette, and Benefit's Bella Bamba blush, it depends whether I am going for a lighter color or not. 

Contour: Flushed Palette!! :)

Mascara: I absolutely love Maybelline's Mascaras, especially the Colossal and Falsies.  First I apply 1 coat of the Waterproof Falsies, and then 1 coat of the Waterproof Colossal.  I have to have waterproof formulas, because I have eyelashes that just stick straight down, and can't hold a curl, and I feel that these formulas do wonders for me.

Liners:  I am usually always wearing some sort of cat-eye or eyelid liner, I just feel that it makes my eyes appear larger.  I used to use the Urban Decay liquid liner, but I felt the finish was too shiny.  Now, I use the Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liner, and it has more of a matte finish, as well as a thicker formula.  Only downside is that it transfers and takes a while to dry, (So I can't look up when it's drying..)

For Pencil liner, I usually gravitate to my UD 24/7 Pencil liners.  I feel that they don't smudge, and I have an array of colors.  I usually use the color demolition (dark brown) so it's not too dark.

Eyeshadows: I swear by all the Naked Palettes, they are quite the investments, but last so long ( I have yet to hit pan on any of them, and I use some sort of eyeshadow everyday!) Lately, I've been using the Basics Palette, since they are matte, and easy to wear. 


If you are just beginning trying to wear makeup daily, or have been trying and not succeeding in finding what suits you, just keep on experimenting.  Ask for samples if you can, so you don't waste a ton of money. 

Bye for now,
-nalovita.

No comments:

Post a Comment