My photo
Nadine. Studying Anthropology & Human Rights. Reflections about Life, Faith, Love, Style. Not very eloquent, this is my stream of consciousness. Oh yeah, I want to travel the world.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Closet shopping: March 19



Top: my closet shopping keeps. Bottom: clothes to consign!


Today has been quite an eventful day.  I got food poisoning in the wee hours of the morning, so my parents were gracious enough to pick me up. It was more for precaution, so 1. My roommate wouldn't get mad.  2. They wouldn't get sick 3. So I could be comfortable and if I got worse, I'd be taken care of.  This wouldn't have been such a big deal if it was midterms week, but I take it as a sign to slow down, and take a break.  

As many of you know, I am headed to Europe, specifically the British Isles this summer to chaperone for my former choirs annual tour.  I have been blessed to receive many donations, but I am still working for a little extra ca$h.  I have started my scarf business (which is on hiatus until spring break, next week!!) and have been gradually changing/shrinking my closet by constantly consigning clothes.    Of course, I still have my shopping issues, but I have been investing in more classic and versatile pieces.. And to be honest I've been on a shoe binge. 

When I moved out last year, I put away 5+ garbage bags full of clothes/shoes/bags and sorted them out seasonally.  I completely forgot about them! Today a lightbulb went off and I scowered through all the bags and went shopping and picked out some items I think will sell at the consignment store!  Of course I took into consideration some tips of mine, which you can view here.  Whatever they don't take, I will be donating to my church's annual rummage sale, and part of the proceeds will go to Starfire!  So it's a great cycle. 

I have yet to clean out my closet at my apartment, and when I move again in May I may use this technique again.  It is so exciting to find my loved pieces that I had forgotten about!

Bye for now,
-nalovita.

No comments:

Post a Comment